Located 178 km from state capital of Tocantins, Palmas, Guaraí had its beginning boosted by the BR-153 federal highway that came to pass Guará farm owned by Mr Pacífico Silva. Soon the village “Guará” became more important than Tupirama (city nearby). It was there that Mr. Osvaldo Dantas de Sá, joined with some residents to fight for the transfer of headquarters (Tupirama) for the village Guará, managed by State Law No. 1177 of November 5, 1968. From there, the village Guará municipalized with the Guaraí name, meaning “little wolf” (the indigenous language Tupi-Guarani). The founder of Pacific Guaraí was Silva who owned the farm Guara. Osvaldo Dantas de Sá, became the first mayor of Guaraí.
December 2, 2010 ↔ no comments